Associate Software Development Instructor (Opportunistic)
Ada Developers Academy is a non-profit, tuition-free coding school for women and gender diverse adults. We focus on serving low income people, underrepresented minorities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program consists of two highly immersive parts: six months of focused instruction, and five months of internship at partner companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
About this position
We are opportunistically looking for an Associate Software Development Instructor to help prepare students for software development careers by providing hands-on instruction during the classroom portion of our program. As a member of our Instruction team, you will also be responsible for further developing instruction materials and projects to better help students evolve with the progressive tech industry. This can be either a part-time (20 to 30 hours per week) or a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Support Software Development Instructors in leading interactive lectures and programming exercises
- Conduct periodic student assessments, providing detailed, actionable, and constructive feedback to students
- Assist in creating and grading lesson plans, assignments, and projects
- Oversee student pairing and grouping, playing a project manager role through team projects
- Tutor students as-needed
Classroom Instruction Development
- Work with the broader Education team to continuously develop student coursework, homework, and project materials
- Assist with the student Admissions process
- Design and manage processes for effective student learning (both in-person and digitally)
- Create materials that allow us to collaborate with and communicate to students in an empathetic and inclusive manner
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Software Developer required
- Professional or volunteer teaching experience in an educational institution or program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven history of cultivating effective and authentic relationships with others
- Demonstrated embodiment of Ada’s SECRETS in a professional environment
We hope to be drivers of change, and believe having a team of diverse backgrounds will enable us to strengthen our impact for others. Ada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.