Program Director, Education
Ada Developers Academy is a non-profit, tuition-free coding school for women and gender diverse adults. We focus on serving low income people, underrepresented minorities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program consists of two highly immersive parts: six months of focused instruction, and five months of internship at partner companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
About this position
We are looking for a Program Director, Education to manage our Seattle Instruction team and maintain a high-level experience for students in the classroom. As a member of our Instruction team, you will also be responsible for overseeing and further developing the Seattle campus student experience. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Manage, guide, and coach Seattle campus Instruction staff, supporting their professional growth and development
- Conduct regular 1:1s, classroom observations, and performance reviews for team members
- Lead weekly team meetings and daily standups
- Establish and uphold best practices and standards for the Instruction team
- Participate in the hiring process of new Instructors
Student Classroom Experience
- Oversee the daily operations of student instruction (e.g. create instruction calendar, collect feedback from students, alumni, and staff)
- Collaborate with the Education team to ensure Seattle campus students receive a high-quality classroom education
- Build upon existing instructional best practices as Ada
- Set the student experience framework, and oversee day-to-day execution for our Seattle student cohorts
- Codify Seattle campus systems to allow for implementation and scale across various campus (both digital and physical)
- 7+ years of experience as a Program Manager in a professional environment
- 5+ years as a people or team leader (at least a team of 3)
- Knowledge of the tech industry landscape
- Professional or volunteer teaching experience in an educational institution or program is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Stellar intra- and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated embodiment of Ada’s SECRETS in a professional environment
We hope to be drivers of change, and believe having a team of diverse backgrounds will enable us to strengthen our impact for others. Ada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.